In the last 50 years in particular, kids have spent less and less time outdoors, while screens have gotten bigger and bigger. And at the same time, federal regulations have been getting more relaxed. Even mainstream media is littered with sexual scenes that you don't want your kids to see.
The National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCSE), our long-term partner, is taking action! Every year, they release the Dirty Dozen list of companies that make a profit off sexual exploitation. This isn't a simple boycott list: they use the list to reach out to the companies and help them change.
Here are just a few of their victories:
- Pressuring Google to prohibit pornographic ads and any ads that link to websites with sexually explicit websites on them, and re move all pornographic apps from Google Play.
- Challenging Verizon to remove child- and slavery-themed pornography they were offering through FIOS TV.
- Convincing Walmart and thousands of food and drug stores to put Cosmopolitanmagazine behind blinders.
- Nominate companies for the Dirty Dozen list! Head over to this page and leave a comment.
- Help support the cause. Any money you donate will help NCSE not just create the Dirty Dozen list, but actually fight back against sexual exploitation in media.